George: Acts 17:10-11 (King James Version)
10) And the brethren immediately sent away Paul and Silas by night unto Berea: who coming thither went into the synagogue of the Jews. 11) These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.
See john, THEY SEARCHED THE SCRIPTURES DAILY, NOT TRADITIONS DAILY. WHATS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE ANYHOW ? ARE YE ALL SPIRITUALLY BLIND ?
J. Salza: George, let me help you out.
1. It doesn’t say they searched the Scriptures “alone.”
2. The Scriptures they did search were the Old Testament Scriptures to verify that Jesus was the Messiah. Are you saying that the OT Scriptures are sufficient?
3. They accepted Paul’s oral preaching as the Word of God even before they searched the Scriptures, which also poses a problem for you. Do you accept the oral apostolic tradition as well?
4. You cannot find one verse in Scripture that says Scripture is the only infallible authority of God’s word, and yet that is what you presume.
5. King James based his bible translation off the Latin Vulgate, which was translated by Jerome under Pope Damasus and the Catholic Church, before the KJV came out. Why do “YOU PEOPLE” use a Catholic book to ridicule the very institution who gave you the book?
Also, don’t quote anymore from the KJV. He was a sodomite with no religious authority over me, you or anyone else. Also, his wife figured it out. She became a Catholic.